Milk Chocolate Peppermint Fudge

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Just before Christmas I was reading one of my favourite blogs A Charmed Wife and I read her post about Peppermint Dark Chocolate Fudge. Now I am not a big fan of dark chocolate, or not a fan at all. But I thought I could make this a Milk Chocolate Peppermint fudge. It turned out great!!
Here is what you need to make it:

  • 2 Cups milk chocolate chips
  • 1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 Can sweetened condensed milk
  • a pinch of sale
  • 1/2 tsp peppermint extract (add more if you really like peppermint flavor)
  • 4 crushed candy canes

How you make it:

In a heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt the chocolate chips with the condensed milk and your pinch of salt.

Stir almost constantly.Once they are all melted together remove from the heat; stir in the peppermint extract right away.
Spread evenly into a prepared 8 inch baking dish with a spatula. (Baking dish should be lined with waxed or parchment paper)Sprinkle the candy canes on top. Chill 2 hours or until firm.
Once it is ready remove from the baking dish, peel off paper, and cut into squares. It can be stored up to 2 weeks in the fridge.

ENJOY!!

0 comments: